11 Ağustos 2012 Cumartesi

Zvezda Viking King and Standard Bearer (Finished)

It's been a long time since I updated my blog. The thing is I had to move my house and couldn't touch my hobby stuff for more than a month. Now I have a new flat which is much better than the old one. And a one month long holiday is before me :)
I finally finished my Vikings vignette. This is my second vignette. I tried hard to emulate the stormy sea effect. I used a modelling technique I learned from one of dreamspiritwargaming's videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFSMpb6QZ_w&feature=relmfu In this video Milos shows how to make snow effects using white glue, white paint and baking soda. I used this technique to create water foam. The base is dental plaster and DAS modelling clay. I modelled the waves with these and than used the baking soda mix to create the foam. After that I painted the waves with a "crystal gel" material that I bought from the hobby section of my local art store. It's a water based product used to create textured glass effects. It dries clear and gloss. And finally I drybrushed white. Hope you like the final result :)






And a little teaser of my next project: a kinght from Italeri's English Knights and Archers set. I don't know if he is "historically accurate". I painted him more like a "generic" men-at-arms for my medieval fantasy project. Hope to paint the rest of the gang very soon :)






7 yorum:

  1. Wonderful base and painted figures. I like the composing of the scene very much. I know how it is to have not enough time for the hobby, so enjoy your holidays!
    Regards
    Bruno

    YanıtlaSil
  2. A superb dio and the water is a very splendid sight, not sure of the accuracy of the Italeri fig's painting but the shield sure looks nice!

    YanıtlaSil
  3. wow! I was waiting to see this work finished ... and now I'm very impressed!
    for the rest... well, I second Bruno and Andrew!

    YanıtlaSil
  4. Really amazing! Well painted figures and very well executed water.

    YanıtlaSil
  5. Nice work on the ocean! Hope you get to do some more painting soon--I've just moved myself, so I know how that goes...

    YanıtlaSil
  6. That base of the Vikings is awesome! As are the painted figures!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.be/

    YanıtlaSil
  7. Zvezda-figures are real nice and you have painted them very good.
    Keep up the good work!
    http://huggochslag.blogspot.se/

    YanıtlaSil